Ethics on Support of Anti-Fraud and Corruption
The Board of Directors has adhered to conducting business transparently, and under legal framework, code of ethics, and good corporate governance guidelines, and supported anti-fraud and corruption in every kind, as well as realized that fraud and corruption affect the development of economic system, society, and national security. The details of the anti-fraud and corruption policy are as follows:
- Supporting enhancement of awareness, value, and attitude among employees to perform duties honestly, transparently, fairly, and with respect of laws and regulations; drive for embedment of anti-fraud and corruption as part of organization culture; and administer the business according to the good corporate governance principles.
- Putting in place a sufficient and appropriate internal control system, and develop the review, control and check-and-balance system and mechanism to be appropriate, clear, and efficient, to prevent employees from conducting any fraud or taking part in any fraud and corruption.
- Employees must not perform any acts in a manner of demanding or receiving presents or benefits from other persons who have duties or businesses related to the Company, except in case of traditional occasions or festivals when it is customary to give presents. However, such presents must not be illegal objects. Employees shall also not use their positions or duties to seek benefits for themself and/or others in an undue manner.
- Providing a communication channel to receive filing of complaints or notifying any suspicious clues with a policy to protect the people who give information or clues and keep such information confidential, and put in place measures to inspect and set penal provisions according to relevant rules and regulations.
- Supporting activies held by various agencies or organizations to help support anti-fraud and corruption.